MidAmerica Liner is a specialized liner contractor who supplies and installs liner materials in many applications across the United States. We specifically focus on the design and installation of floating covers, also known as anaerobic covers. Interested candidates should complete our online application – we are accepting resumes for the following positions:
- Technicians are one of the most important components to an installation crew. The responsibilities of our technicians include, welding liner, grinding and tacking, cleaning the liner, pumping water, and many other facets of liner installation. Be prepared to work on the road across the country for long periods of time. When our crews are on the road we work 7 days a week. MAL provides each technician with the proper PPE, transportation to and from the jobsite, and the tools necessary to compete all the tasks.
- Applications for technicians who have a valid driver’s license, and equipment operation experience may qualify for an immediate bonus.
MidAmerica Liner is continually searching for smart and humble individuals with a strong work ethic to be considered for a site supervisor’s positions. The role of the site supervisor for liner installation crews are many. Supervisors are required to read and understand site specific plans and specifications, understand the sequence of events to complete the project, communicate with project superintendents, engineers, and various other contractors. Also, communicate the work and sequence to the technicians completing the task and do so in a safe and efficient manner.
The ideal candidate will have one or more of the qualities listed below.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the liner industry
- Ability to read and interpret engineer drawings and specifications
- Strong communication skills
- Proven leadership roles within the liner industry
- Problem Solving Abilities
- Strong work ethic-We don’t want our supervisors leading from a seated position
Project Estimators and Managers
MAL is actively looking for project estimators and managers to add to our growing business and industry. The geosynthetic industry outlook is very strong for the next decade. Recent additions to the requirements for coal ash landfills will keep liner manufacturer’s and installers very busy for years to come. Therefore, MAL will be adding project estimators to engage in new projects and managers to oversee the execution of the projects
Our project estimators and managers provide two important functions within MidAmerica Liner. Estimators are responsible for interpreting and understanding project plans within several categories of projects which require liner. The estimator will define the material specified for the project, determine the amount of material the project will require, determine conformance testing, estimate the amount of labor necessary for the installation, and identify necessary equipment. After all the information is compiled the estimator will prepare the official proposal for submittal.
After the project is awarded, it will be the responsibility of the manager to execute the project. The manager will order material from manufacturers and orchestrate delivery, complete third-party testing, determine necessary equipment for the crew load out, reserve heavy equipment delivery, and support the site supervisor assigned to the project during the project.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities listed below
- Background in mathematics
- Ability to read and interpret project drawings and engineer drawings
- Analytical Skills
- Manage the high stress of tight deadlines
- Bid solicitation
- Prepare and participate in client presentations
- Some travel requirements
- Organizational skills